Wednesday, October 9, 2024

11 Celebs Open Up About Using Exercise For Their Mental Health

On World Mental Health Day, WH rounds up 11 of its favourite leading ladies who rely on movement to manage a myriad of mental hurdles. Using it to cope with anxiety and stress , improve sleep , or feel more in control of their lives and boost their confidence, to name a few, these A-listers prove that fitness is about way more than just reaching an aesthetic goal. Plus, they share some of their favourite ways to sweat it out, and their workout schedules, too.

The Rolling in the Deep singer, 36, has been very vocal about using fitness to help her manage her mental health. 'It was because of my anxiety . Working out, I would just feel better,' she tells British Vogue .

In British Vogue , Adele is more specific about her (high) workout frequency: 'I work out two or three times a day. So I do my weights in the morning, then I normally hike or I box in the afternoon, and then I do my cardio at night.'

However, she acknowledges that it was quite an unrealistic routine for the average person: 'I was basically unemployed when I was doing it. And I do it with trainers. It's not doable for a lot of people.'

Indomitable WH cover star Davina , 56, is a true health and fitness aficionado, having released countless workout DVDs over the years and launching her own online platform, Own Your Goals , or 'OYG', in 2019.

'I lost myself,' she says of the 'dark place' she found herself in during her early to mid-forties when her symptoms began. Speaking in her second WH cover interview , she reveals: 'Broken sleep and brain fog, emotional, a bit all over the place, and I was frightened.'

Source: Found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

11 Celebs Open Up About Using Exercise For Their Mental Health

On World Mental Health Day, WH rounds up 11 of its favourite leading ladies who rely on movemen...

Popular Posts