Saturday, August 3, 2024

Sue Barker Spills On Strictly Come Dancing 2024 Rumours After Ruling Out BBC Show Return - Mirror...

Tennis icon Sue Barker caused a stir amongst Strictly Come Dancing fans as she was spotted in the audience at Elstree Studios in 2023, showing her support for friends Annabel Croft and Angela Rippon , who were contestants on the hit BBC dance show. The sighting prompted whispers of whether Sue might be taking to the dance floor herself this time around.

Amid speculation, Sue tackled the swirling rumours head-on during her chat on Aimee Fuller's Monday Mile podcast. Having already dismissed any chance of returning as the quizmaster for A Question of Sport with a firm that will ⁘never happen⁘, Aimee reminisced: ⁘We went to watch Strictly last year, which was incredible..⁘

Not missing a beat, Sue quipped back: ⁘I think you're more likely to do that than me! I'm genuinely not going to do it⁘, drawing laughter, despite Aimee teasing: ⁘I don't know, Sue!⁘.

Reminiscing about the fun they had supporting their pals, Aimee recalled: ⁘We went to watch Annabel Croft...⁘, only for Sue to chime in: ⁘And Angela Rippon - because I knew Angela as well - now there's a trailblazer.⁘

Deflecting persistently playful probing from Aimee about whether Angela Rippon's stellar performance and remarkable agility could sway her, Sue revealed that, even at 68 and practicing yoga, she's all too aware of her limitations.

⁘No, I do my little yoga class and I realise, no, I'm a long way from being at Angela's flexibility,⁘ chuckled the former TV host.

Olympic snowboarder Aimee, 33, was in awe of Angela's impressive flexibility at the age of 79, saying: ⁘To be fair, I can't do that with my leg either!⁘.

Sue reflected on what may have contributed to Angela's Strictly prowess, suggesting: ⁘I think it was her ballet training from years ago, that's probably what did it.⁘

Curiosity piqued, Aimee quizzed Sue about whether any of her tennis contemporaries would hit the dance floor on this year's Strictly, musing: ⁘I wonder if we'll see any other tennis players in the mix in Strictly this year, maybe Tim Henman, surely he's been asked?⁘.

Reference: Visit website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

American Idol' Before He Got Famous? The Country Singer's Reality TV Past

Believe it or not, Morgan Wallen was once on a reality singing competition before he became a b...

Popular Posts