Saturday, June 15, 2024

Meghan Trainor 'Begged' For Katy Perry's Spot As 'American Idol' Judge: 'That Is My Dream...

Lionel Richie shared that he tried to bribe the pilot to get to his concert in New York City on Saturday, but ultimately had to cancel the show due to weather. (Credit: Scott Shannons True Oldies Channel / LOCAL NEWS X /TMX)

In February, the 39-year-old "Roar" hitmaker and longtime "American Idol" judge announced that she would be leaving the hit singing competition show after the conclusion of season 22.

On Wednesday, Trainor, 30, appeared on "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen" when a fan called in and asked the singer whether she was in talks to replace Perry on the show after judge Luke Bryan and host Ryan Seacrest both said she would be great in the role.

"I've done every interview in the world and said that that is my dream job, and I have emailed three awesome people who work in that world who don't really have the final say," Trainor said. "But I begged."

"I have begged for this job," she continued. "I haven't heard any updates, so check my emails, but that is my dream job. I want to drive to work on 'American Idol' and then drive home."

The Grammy Award winner explained that she was a longtime fan of the show and loved watching the contestants' journeys from their auditions to becoming superstars.

Trainor said that she has "begged" to take over for Perry when the longtime judge exits the show. (Amy Sussman/Getty Images for ABA)

Trainor has experience as a talent show judge after previously serving on the panels of "The Four: Battle for Stardom" in 2018, "The Voice UK" in 2020 and "Australian Idol" in 2023.

Reference: Visit website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Love Island's Joey Essex Squares Up To Rival Contestant In Explosive Row After He Accused Him Of Pursuing Grace...

The Towie lad, 33, erupted after gorgeous Grace Jackson , 25, revealed Omar Nyame had relentles...

Popular Posts