Saturday, June 15, 2024

A With The Spring Breakup Song Contest Promotion Winner, Preston LeMacks - American...

⁘Tell Him About Me"
Written by Preston LeMacks, John Strandell, and Jessica LeMacks
Interview by American Songwriter

PL: I really have a lot of respect for the recognition that American Songwriter gives to songwriters. For that reason, I've had my eye on American Songwriter for a while now. I released ⁘Tell Him About Me⁘ in the Spring because I felt like it had that sense of a carefree, spring break attitude to it so when I heard about this competition, I thought it was the perfect time to finally submit some of my work and just see what happens.

JS: I'm supporting Preston LeMacks as we wrote this song for his artist project. Very proud of him and excited for his music!

PL: This question immediately brings a smile to my face. When writing this song, I wanted to highlight the scenario of another person playing games with their ex's emotions. The person claims to have moved on but still does everything they can to get their ex's attention. What better way to write about a breakup then to talk about the games that sometimes follow.

JS: Relationships are very complicated. What's even more complicated is when you break up. Seeing the person you were once in a relationship with dating another person can trigger a flood of emotions. This song is about those triggers and the emotions that follow.

Read more: See here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Britney Spears Leaves Very Little To The Imagination In A Barely There Thong Bikini As She Dances...

The Baby One More Time songstress, 42, showed off her flamboyant moves while wearing a tiny gre...

Popular Posts