Saturday, April 17, 2021

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Olivia Culpo Shares Her Exact Diet and Workout

From winning her Miss Universe title to posing on the cover of Sports Illustrated 's Swimsuit Issue, Olivia Culpo has made a career of being fit . However, when it comes to her day-to-day routine, the model and influencer hardly deprives herself. In a new interview with Hamptons magazine, the star reveals the exact diet and workout routine she sticks to—and it's simple enough that anyone can do it.

Read on, and if you want to know what your favorite stars really snack on, check out Cardi B Reveals the Exact Healthy Foods She Eats .

While Culpo says she tries to keep her eating habits healthy most of the time, she makes sure there's room for a few indulgences on her menu.

"I stick to the 80-20 rule," says the star. "Eighty percent of the time I'm really good, and then 20% of the time I allow myself to eat, not whatever, but indulge a little more, I guess you could say."

Think being a swimsuit model means spending your whole day at the gym? Think again. Lately, Culpo has been doing a daily 20-minute Cardio Challenge with her followers on Instagram.

"That is basically 20 minutes of cardio at whatever speed you want. I've been doing it with my followers encouraging them to join the challenge and just do whatever feels right for 20 minutes," she says of the plan, noting that "it doesn't feel too overwhelming," and can help get anyone moving. "Before you know it, it's over."

That's not the only quick workout she loves, however; in 2019, she revealed to GMA that she relies on a series of five toning moves from P.volve using resistance bands when she's on the go.

To stay full and focused throughout the day, Culpo makes sure she's eating plenty of healthy fiber and protein.

To start her day, Culpo grabs a cup of coffee with oat milk and a bowl of blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries, followed by some avocado toast and egg whites. At lunch, "I'll have some sort of salad ," the star told Women's Health . "I love chicken and any veggies with a miso vinaigrette."

logo
From Publisher: Eat This Not That



'SI: Swimsuit' Model Emily DiDonato's Nighttime Beauty Routine

It's high-time to get our summer skincare glow on! To help Us out, Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Emily DiDonato invited Us Weekly into her home to break down how she gets her skin and hair ready for summer with her nighttime beauty sleep routine. Watch the exclusive video above to see how it's done!

Beauty Trend Gone Viral
"Gua Sha has been going viral on TikTok. I'm a total sucker for TikTok trends," DiDonato admitted as she looked up her favorite YouTube Gua Sha tutorial. "I go to YouTube every night, and I watch this woman do it on her skin. It's called 'Learn Facial Gua Sha from a Chinese Medical Skincare Professional,' because, of course, it's important to learn something like this from a professional. I usually watch this and do it. Then, this is Ize's hydrating facial oil. I just take a few drops and massage it into my skin."

Dry Hair, Do Care
"Tonight is a no wash night. So I'll just brush my hair and put a little bit of oil in it. My favorite hairbrush is this one from S-Hearts-S . I believe this is actually a Japanese hair brush," the influencer explained. "The reason why I love it is I have really, really dry scalp. It's something that I've had for about a year now that I haven't really been able to figure out, but this feels so good on your scalp."

To further help her dry scalp, DiDonato said: "For my hair oil, I am using this honey-infused her oil from Gisou , which is Negin Mirsalehi's brand. I don't care if I'm going to bed with a lot of oil because just let that do its magic, and then I will wash it in the morning. Sometimes I'll take a little extra and massage it into my scalp because like I said, I have super, super dry scalp, and It feels really good."

Keep it Fresh
"I always brush my teeth with this Jason Total Protection. I'm kind of still trying to figure out the best like nontoxic toothpaste," she told Us . "I also do a little bit of Tom's whole care mouthwash."

Skincare Guru
The model recently co-founded her own skincare brand — Covey — and she starts her nighttime skincare routine with its cleanser which contains aloe leaf juice, which she says "is really soothing." She follows it up with Covey's Next Up Vitamin C Serum.

"You might be surprised by me using a vitamin C serum in the evening, but actually vitamin C helps to produce collagen," she noted. "It really gives your skin this smooth, glowy look. Then I seal all that in with Covey's Last But Not Least Moisturizer. It is so hydrating and so soothing."

Reset and Relax
"The only thing that I kind of take at night right now is magnesium. Magnesium gives me this really nice, calm kind of relaxed feeling," she explained. "When I climb into bed, I put on a little sound machine app. Mine is called 'Relax Melodies.' My favorite sound is heavy rain. It's so relaxing and [gives] cozy feelings."

logo
From Publisher: Us Weekly



Lewis Freese Becomes The First Male Finalist For SI’s Swim Search • Instinct Magazine

Freese sees himself as contributing to change today, but he most definitely knows he is not the last one that will do it. He says “I really don’t view myself as the first but as the next,” he continues. “The next model to break a barrier, the next model to have these uncomfortable conversations, the next model to be unapologetically myself. I am so grateful to be a part of a group of finalists who all represent completely different messages, yet have the same goal, to further inclusivity.”

Lewis’ words on visibility and how his own journey might inspire others are powerful. He says “One of my favorites things I’ve ever heard is that “ people don’t like those within the queer and trans community because we actually have the audacity to be and present our most authentic version” . I love it because it’s so true. It takes guts to admit to yourself that you’re different and it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to explore one’s self-identity. For anyone struggling, just know I see you, I hear you, and I will work every day to help bring more visibility to this community.”

logo
From Publisher: Instinct Magazine



Mikayla Holmgren talks about breaking barriers for people with Down syndrome

The 26-year-old tells me that she's a model, dancer and activist with "a little bit of Down syndrome on the side" who is working to break boundaries when it comes to representation of people with disabilities in mainstream media. She's already made history as the first woman with Down syndrome to compete at the 2017 Miss Minnesota USA pageant, sharing that beauty is "inside out."

"It comes from inner beauty," Holmgren says of the confidence and beauty that she radiated on stage. "It's from inside out and you know it's something that's beautiful. Make it yourself and you're confident and you're showing your muscles, and you'll be so strong when you do it."

It's for this reason that I was enamored by Holmgren even before our conversation, as I'd seen a number of interviews she's done where you can tell that she is fearless. More importantly, she understands that all people are worthy of representation, which I myself had to believe through my journey of becoming a plus-size model.

"Everyone deserves to be celebrated," Holmgren reminds me. And while labels, like the ones that both she and I have faced while chasing our dreams, seem to make change more digestible within our society, Holmgren refuses to be put into a box.

"It's just more bringing awareness," she says of the recent headlines surrounding her efforts to become Sports Illustrated Swimsuit's first model with Down syndrome. "I just like people more being in groups, being receptive and being more an advocate for those with special needs and just going after your dreams, to set your goals."

As a part of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit family myself, I can't think of somebody more deserving of the platform and the ability to share all that she has to say — not to mention her drive to seek out the opportunity herself.

Celebrating a dad's first Father's Day is a big deal, and everyone wants it to be special. Do you go with something classic, like a tie or grilling tools? Don't fret, because we have found the best first Father's Day gifts for every type of dad.

"I truly do believe that Khloé could be a positive force and change agent...she just has to be willing to educate herself and engage with the people in this space."




From a Gender-Fluid Model Becoming Finalist for Issue Cover to a Singer Handling Backlash After

This week read about the possibility of Lewis Freese becoming the first male model on Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, JoJo Siwa embracing her sexuality after handling the backlash of coming out, and Lady Gaga's third album re-entering the charts.

Lewis Freese opened up to  People Magazine  recently about the possibility of becoming the first male on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.

"I really don't view myself as the first but as the next," he said. "The next model to break a barrier, the next model to have these uncomfortable conversations, the next model to be unapologetically myself. I am so grateful to be a part of a group of finalists who all represent completely different messages, yet have the same goal: to further inclusivity."

He was hesitant at first to apply for the casting call, but ultimately threw his name into the mix.

"My message is so much more about gender variety and how every person's gender presents itself differently," Freese said. "With those differences comes a need for acceptance so we can all inspire, encourage, and love each other regardless of how we identify."

When young pop sensation JoJo Siwa came out earlier this year, she received a plethora of different reactions from fans, parents, and even celebrities.

The mix of reactions didn't stop Siwa from expressing her love for her girlfriend Kylie Prew on social media and now the star is opening up on the struggles she faced after coming out.

"I never should have done that. I was thinking that all the comments were going to be nice and supportive, and they weren't," she said. "A lot of them were, 'I'm never buying your merch again. My daughter's never watching you again.' I couldn't sleep for three days."

"My thing is, I don't want people to watch my videos or buy my merchandise if they aren't going to support not only me, but the LGBTQ community," she said to  People Magazine .




Chrissy Teigen Posts Stunning Throwback Modeling Photos | PEOPLE.com

In the throwback photo shoot, the star donned several early 2000s trends, including peep-toe platform heels, a babydoll top, ripped denim and a punk-inspired studded belt

"15 years ago, a test shoot to get an agency with my own random clothes 😭 here's the deal I know how to model and you don't," Teigen quipped in caption.

The star rocked natural waves and a fresh face for the shoot, putting her famous cheekbones on full-display. Teigen donned several early 2000s trends, including peep-toe platform heels, a babydoll top, ripped denim and a punk-inspired studded belt.

RELATED: Watch Chrissy Teigen's Daughter Luna, 4, Paint Little Brother Miles' Nails in Adorable Video

"THE RIPPED PANTYHOSE," hairstylist Jen Atkin wrote in the comment section. While fashion photographer Yu Tsai left lots of flame and heart emojis.

The Instagram post comes on the same day Teigen returned to Twitter after nearly a month-long hiatus.

In March, the star surprised fans when she announced that she would be  departing the social media platform  for good, saying it "no longer serves me as positively as it serves me negatively, and I think that's the right time to call something."

On Friday morning, just over three weeks after bidding farewell, Teigen returned, explaining her newfound outlook on Twitter.

RELATED: Chrissy Teigen Reveals Hilarious Reason She Posts More Photos of Daughter Luna Than Son Miles

From Publisher: PEOPLE.com



Hunter McGrady on Plus-Size Pregnancy Representation & The Body Positive Movement On TikTok

McGrady is working with Olay on its sun-ready seasonal favorites: Olay Regenerist Whip SPF 25 and Olay Retinol24 Night Moisturizer. Since the model is pregnant, she’s...

The 26-year-old model, dancer and activist talks to Hunter McGrady about the importance of representation.

The good news is more and more brands are catering to curvy women, creating "plus-size" bikinis that are stylish and flattering. When it comes to shopping for a bikini, it's important to pick one that you feel amazing in, says Marcy Guevara-Prete, a plus-size style expert and owner of The Plus Bus Boutique. High-waisted bottoms are a great option, says Alicia Wilson, a plus-size stylist based in North Carolina.

Shopping for denim is a struggle for everyone, but that rings especially true for gals looking for a pair of curve-hugging plus-size jeans. You...

Miranda Kerr talks about how her body changed during her three pregnancies in the latest Women's Health Body Scan video.

People in relatively smaller bodies enjoy rewards and take certain conveniences for granted that others cannot.

From calorie count to portion sizes, we wanted to find out all the differences between Wingstop in the US and the UK. This is Food Wars.

Shopping for wedding dresses online can seem daunting on the Wild West that is the internet. But with a few helpful tips, like knowing your measurements (more on that later), and heading to a shop that matches...

"I truly do believe that Khloé could be a positive force and change agent...she just has to be willing to educate herself and engage with the people in this space."




Christie Brinkley Got in Trouble for Doing Billy Joel's 'Uptown Girl' Video for

The 1980s was a thrilling time for music . New innovations like Walkman radios, digital synthesizers, and widespread portable boomboxes changed the way music was enjoyed and made. In 1981 the music scene would be forever changed by the dawn of MTV. Then, MTV didn’t have its reality programming , comedy, and animated features — it was all music videos, all day.

In 1983, Christie Brinkley was the very idea of American beauty. After appearing on the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 1979, she was signed to a 25-year contract with CoverGirl cosmetics. She appeared on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue again in 1980 and 1981, making her the first model to do so. In 1983, she was growing her career out of primarily modeling. She appeared in a small role in National Lampoon’s Vacation and had done a series of segments on beauty tips on Good Morning America according to the New York Times . She was 29-years-old, beautiful, talented, and was a household name worldwide.

In the spring of 1983, Brinkley was St Barts for a photoshoot. While there, she would happen to be staying in the same hotel as famous musician Billy Joel. Joel was five years older than Brinkley and already had well-established fame and appeal. At the time, he was vacationing to celebrate the completion of his 7th studio album, Glass Houses.

In the fall of 1983, Brinkley and Joel had been dating nearly half a year. Joel had been a successful musician since the late ’60s and hadn’t quite adjusted to the new expectations of music videos. When the 1983 album, An Innocent Man was released, the studio needed a music video for the hit single, Uptown Girl . Joel and his team hastily through a project together and asked his girlfriend to stop by and help play the titular uptown girl. The video would feature her dressed as in style as always, dancing with mechanics in an auto service shop.

The video would become a timeless classic in early music videos, but it had some consequences for Brinkley. With her appearance in National Lampoon’s Vacation earlier that year, she had been required to join the Screen Actor’s Guild, which comes with some fine print. According to Brinkley in a 2015 interview on The Howard Stern Show , she broke several rules by performing in the video unpaid, without consulting her management.

“I got in trouble with Screen Actor’s Guild because I didn’t know that I had to get paid for it,” Brinkley told Stern in the interview. They weren’t too harsh with the punishment it seems, however, as she continues, “We amended it enough to be union rules.”

From Publisher: Showbiz Cheat Sheet



Chrissy Teigen shares pics from a photoshoot 15 years ago

Chrissy Teigen was discovered working at a California surf shop when she was 18 years old and quickly became one of the most high-profile swimsuit models. The cameraman wandered into the Huntington Beach shop and asked to shoot some bikini pictures of Teigen, despite her co-workers telling her he came in all the time asking girls, she was different. Her dad insisted on joining her for her photo shoot on the beach even held the light reflectors. Then the young Teigen started her search for one of the most important things you need to model- an agent. On Friday the cookbook author shared some never-before-seen photos from a test shoot 15 years ago that she used to get an agency, and they are epic. Teigen explained in the caption she wore her own random clothes for the shoot and quipped, "here's the deal I know how to model and you don't."


Teigen has said in the past modeling was never something she thought she could do. "I always wanted to be a teacher or wanted to do something with food," she told The Daily Beast in 2014. "But modeling, I just never thought I could do it myself really ever. I still have trouble calling myself a model. I just never thought I was tall enough or skinny enough."

Teigen starring in Legend's video for "Stereo" was one of the biggest breaks of her career. She met her future husband on the set in 2006 and walked into his dressing room. "I walked into John's dressing room to meet him, and he was ironing in his underwear," she told Cosmopolitan . "I said, 'You do your own ironing!?' He said, 'Of course I do.' I gave him a hug." After the shoot, Legend and Teigen reportedly ate at In-N-Out and then retired to the hotel. "I'm not going to lie. We hooked up," she said. She played it cool though and said she "let him be himself for a while. "The worst thing you can do is try to lock someone like that down early on, then have them think, 'There's so much more out there.' I played it cool for a long time. Never once did I ask, 'What are we?' Marriage was never my goal because I've never been very traditional. I was just happy to be with him."

John Legend and Chrissy Teigen reduce millions of dollars from the asking price of their Beverly Hills mansion

Selena Quintanilla 50th birthday: Why celebrating the 'Queen of Tejano music' is a form of cultural preservation

From Publisher: HOLA! USA



Impact of a Scholarship: Alex Aust - University of Maryland Athletics

Aust owes it all to Maryland and being a scholarship student-athlete with the women's lacrosse program from 2009-13. 

"The person I am, the woman I am today, is definitely due to my experience and upbringing at Maryland," said Aust. "Going to Maryland was an amazing, unique experience while I was there for my four years -- so much so that I stayed for two more years (as Director of Lacrosse Operations) after and worked with Cathy (Reese) because I really didn't want it to end. 

"But now, being older and talking to friends and playing with other people, I just realize what we had at Maryland and it was really special. I've never met anyone that isn't proud to be a Terp. I can't tell you how many times in my professional world, I run into someone and that's the first thing they tell me -- that they are also a Terp. It really is a sense of community and pride that I'm not sure other other schools have."

For Aust, having that scholarship and playing for the most illustrious women's lacrosse program of all-time was something special. 

"I was proud to even have a spot on the team and, and to be offered any sort of financial scholarship from Cathy meant that she believed in me and wanted me to be a part of their program," said Aust, who was a part of four ACC Championship teams and the 2010 National Champion team. "I did not take that lightly. I was super grateful for it, and took it as an opportunity to make the most out of my education."

In her current role as a coach and counselor working with up and coming lacrosse players, Aust can provide the perspective on the impact of a scholarship and the chance to play college lacrosse. 

"I am always thankful for my time at Maryland and the opportunity Cathy provided to me," said Aust, who grew up in Sterling, Va., and prepped at the Bullis School. "Even now, I coach young girls and trying to help them understand the recruiting process is something I learned at Maryland. I say, even if a coach offers you a spot, with no money, that's something that you should be super grateful for."

Aust's fondest on-field memories as a Terp come from those classic match-ups with North Carolina in the early 2010s. The Terps beat the Tar Heels in the ACC Championship in each of her four years as a decorated attacker. 

"That rivalry, every game that we got to play against them was an incredible game," said Aust, who, in an interesting twist, continues to hear about the Tar Heels on a daily basis as she's engaged to former North Carolina men's lacrosse standout Marcus Holman. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why You Should Change Your Exercise Routine—And How To Do It

T he alarm clock blares, and you reach for your running shoes without thinking about it. Next t...

Popular Posts