Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Cardi B claims companies pay her less because of her skin colour: 'I'm getting ripped off' |

Cardi B has suggested companies pay her less for a brand deal because of the colour of her skin, as she said "Caucasian influencers" on social media often get paid "big money" for advertising brands.

The 'WAP' hitmaker has claimed "Caucasian influencers" on social media often get paid "big money" for advertising brands in their posts, and has said she believes she's only being offered a fraction of their fee because she's a "coloured girl", despite the fact that she's "a whole artist" as well as an influencer.

She said: "Sometimes I feel like a company might see, you know, a girl like me, a coloured girl like me. I'm a coloured girl and I'm from the 'hood and s***. And they might be like, 'Oh, we could offer her a $2 million advance.'

"And the company is gonna make out of you, probably f****** $50 million, $100 million. And you settle for $2 million because they think that you're so thirsty for that money that they just gonna give you the $2 million."

Cardi, 28, admitted she doesn't want to "make everything about race", but insisted "race really matters" when it comes to job opportunities.

"I'm a whole artist. And there are other artists that I know how much they're getting paid. I've been doing my research now, heavy. And it's like, Damn, mother****** is getting ripped the f*** off. And that's why I'm like, Nah, I'm gonna get everything that I deserve."

The 'I Like It' rapper went on to say she's focusing on building her own brand this year, and is getting better at handling her money.

Speaking to XXL Magazine, she said: "One thing for sure that I'm doing a lot now this year is music and making sure my business is straight. Not just signing things and not just making sure that I get new deals and everything.

"That my money is getting handled great. That I got good lawyers that's handling my s*** … one thing I told my business manager, don't even pay my business little by little. Take it all out. I don't want to feel like I owe nothing. It's good to be debt-free, but either way, I feel like I've been on deals before that like, yeah, I got paid, but I feel like I deserved more. And I made sure this year that I get everything I deserve. Not just on music deals but on everything."

From Publisher: INSIDENOVA.COM



Cardi B Revealed Some NSFW Details About Recording 'Um Yea' With Offset

Cardi B is known for her “Cardi candor” on social media. One of her latest posts is no exception. On Monday (April 5), the rapper revealed some, shall we say, steamy details of the recording session she shared with Offset for 2017’s "Um Yea.”

"Um Yea" is one of a few songs that the rappers have collaborated on together. Other tracks include "Lick,""Drip," "Motorsport," and "Clout."

Offset proposed to Cardi B in Philadelphia in the middle of a Power 99 Powerhouse concert in October, even though the two had already obtained a marriage certificate prior, secretly. Cardi B would later say in a statement, “There are so many moments that I share with the world and then there are moments that I want to keep for myself! Getting married was one of those moments!"

logo
From Publisher: Remezcla



Cardi B Celebrates 'Invasion of Privacy' Anniversary | Billboard

Cardi B performs during the 2018 Z100 Jingle Ball at Madison Square Garden on Dec. 7, 2018 in New York City.

Cardi B 's baby turns 3 on Tuesday (April 6). No, not her daughter Kulture, but her debut album Invasion of Privacy , and she's celebrating with the BardiGang.

Her major-label debut LP with Atlantic Records is the gift that keeps on giving for the 28-year-old rapper, earning her a Billboard 200 No. 1, a 2019 Grammy for best rap album, a diamond-certified single "Bodak Yellow," two Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 singles ("Bodak Yellow" and "I Like It" with Bad Bunny and J Balvin ), and numerous record-shattering moments for a female rapper.

"Thank you everyone that's been showing IOP love today .It feels like a birthday lols," she wrote on Twitter. "I get real sweet and bittersweet memories when I listen to the album, I faced many challenges thru the process and after but the outcome was beautiful and successful. Love you forever."

Members of her BardiGang fanbase from all over the world recorded a celebratory video montage to praise  IOP 's legacy. "Awwww this is sooo bute... Thank you guys," Cardi wrote back while sharing the clip on her Twitter.

IOP  was the top female rap album of the 2010s, according to the Billboard 200 Decade-End chart . Cardi charted 13 songs (12 from the album, minus "Bodak Yellow" after its three-week stint at the top) on the Hot 100, allowing her to pass  Beyoncé  for the most simultaneous titles on the ranking by a solo female. The outcome was beautiful and successful, indeed.

From Publisher: Billboard



BLACKPINK's Rosé Did The WAP Challenge, Cardi B Approves | Teen Vogue

Of course, news travels fast these days and Rosé's video eventually made the cross-platforms move, trickling down all the way to Twitter, where Cardi B herself eventually found it. Or shall we say, where she was actually looking for it. "Looking for the Wapse," Cardi tweeted on April 4, referring to Rosé's WAP challenge. In the end, Cardi reacted to Rosé's video via a repost from a fan. "She still looks sooo innocent...Sooo buteee," she quote-retweeted the clip. Safe to say she approves.

Though this interaction might have taken some aback, Cardi and Rosé are not strangers. The two singers had previously collaborated on "Bet You Wanna," the fourth track off BLACKPINK's The Album . Recently, Cardi has been promoting "Up," her latest release, while Rosé has been focusing on promoting her debut solo project, R , which was released in March. The music video for "Gone" officially premiered the same day she posted the challenge so it's a double celebration of sorts.

From Publisher: Teen Vogue



Cardi B's 'Invasion of Privacy' breaks another Billboard record - REVOLT

Cardi B's debut just became the first album by a female rapper to spend three full years on the Billboard 200.

While Cardi B is prepping her second studio album , her debut Invasion of Privacy is breaking records.

According to Chart Data , Invasion of Privacy just became the first album by a female rapper to spend three full years on the Billboard 200. It's a monumental feat for the Bronx-bred Bardi, who released the album in April 2018.

Following the success of the album's lead single "Bodak Yellow," Cardi landed at the number one spot on the Billboard 200 with 255,000 album equivalent units in its first week. Last year, the 13-track offering became the longest charting debut album by a female rapper in Billboard 200 history. It surpassed 'The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill , which remained on the chart for a whopping 92 weeks.

The triple platinum Invasion of Privacy won Best Rap Album at the 2019 Grammy Awards . When she accepted the award, with her husband Offset by her side, Cardi could barely control herself. "Babe, I can't breathe," she said. "I'm sorry, I just, wooo, the nerves are so bad. Maybe I need to start smoking weed. I just want to say thank you everybody that was involved. I want to thank my daughter Kulture...I'm not just saying thank you because she's my daughter."

"It's because, you know, when I found out I was pregnant, my album was not complete," she continued "I had, like, three songs I was for sure having. And then you know how it was: We was like, We have to get this album done , so I could shoot these videos while I'm still not showing. And it was very long nights. I want to thank all the artists in my—I'm sorry, I don't got [time]. I want to thank all the artists that took their time and did verses for my album. You, husband, thank you. Nah, seriously, 'cause he was like, you're going to do this album, girl. We're gonna have this baby, and we're gonna make this album. And thank you so much, everybody."

logo
From Publisher: REVOLT



Cardi B Reacts to Blackpink's Rosé's "Innocent" 'WAP' Dance
From Publisher: Billboard



Cardi B Likes the 'Female' Identifier | Billboard

Cardi B attends 2019 ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel on June 20, 2019 in Beverly Hills, California.

In her  XXL  cover story  published online Tuesday (April 6), the "Up" rapper explained why she proudly embraces the "female" identification in any title she occupies.

Cardi recognized the power of being a woman while reading up on war history and learning about the Soviet Union's female soldiers and their tactics to take down German male soldiers. But aside from the history lessons, she's checking the math on her own business deals and making sure she gets paid what she deserves.

She previously disclosed her dreams to be a "billion-dollar woman" like Rihanna , the  world's richest female musician , and Cardi believes there's extra value in being identified as a woman shattering these records and glass ceilings. "I'd rather be the first billionaire female than just, 'Oh, she's a billionaire,'" she added. But the "Bodak Yellow" MC knows she has to be very meticulous about her money moves, especially being a Black woman in an industry she believes to purposefully rip off people of color in their record deals.

"I'm a colored girl and I'm from the 'hood and sh--. And they might be like, 'Oh, we could offer her a $2 million advance.' And the company is gonna make out of you, probably f---ing $50 million, $100 million. And you settle for $2 million because they think that you're so thirsty for that money that they just gonna give you the $2 million," the Bronx native explained. "Sometimes you do see that race really matters and sh-- because I've been seeing some influencers, that are not, you know, like me. Caucasian influencers. And they're getting paid big money. I'm a whole artist. And there is other artists that I know how much they're getting paid. I've been doing my research now, heavy. And it's like, Da--, muthaf---as is getting ripped the f--- off. And that's why I'm like, Nah, I'm gonna get everything that I deserve."

And she wants the same for her and her husband Offset 's two-year-old daughter Kulture. When asked if she wants Kulture to also enter the entertainment business and eventually win a Grammy like  Beyoncé and  Jay-Z 's nine-year-old daughter Blue Ivy, Cardi said she wants "so much things for her that I don't even know what I want." But she does know that the rapper wants her mini mi to be smart, business savvy, confident, unstoppable and humble.

From Publisher: Billboard



Easter 2021: Britney Spears, Cardi B, Mariah Carey & More Celebrate | Billboard

Mariah Carey poses in the press room during the 2018 American Music Awards at Microsoft Theater on Oct. 9, 2018 in Los Angeles.

Britney Spears , Cardi B , Mariah Carey and more music artists shared messages and photos on social media for Easter Sunday (April 4).

"It's me, b----, happy Easter!" Spears said, waving at the camera while she worked out in a video posted on boyfriend Sam Asghari's Instagram account (see the clip here ). "Happy egg hunting," Asghari added, showing off his muscles as Spears giggled.

Meanwhile, Carey shared a photo of herself on Twitter in pajamas and bunny ears, right after the Easter bunny left.

Christina Aguilera posted some photos of her daughter in a bunny costume, writing, "Happy Easter! Daddy used to wear this...now Summer's big enough to put it on. They get big too fast!"

Olivia Rodrigo, who appeared to be enjoying a day at the pool, checked in with fans  on Instagram Stories to say happy Easter, too.

From Publisher: Billboard



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Jennifer Lopez Stuns As She Goes Topless And Calls Split From Ben Affleck 'Lonely And...

JENNIFER Lopez has gone topless for a racy photoshoot as she opens up about her split from Ben ...

Popular Posts