Friday, January 3, 2020

Allegra, London E20: ‘Elegant, hearty, jolly, magical’ – restaurant review | Grace Dent | Food |

"But Stratford feels such a long way from Islington," many have whined, as if I'd suggested they lambada the Camino to Santiago while wearing jelly shoes. Londoners will rarely trek right across the capital for dinner. Many will, however, fly to Lisbon for the weekend to eat bacalhau à brás. I am but a conduit of this madness.

Yes, it is all quite taupe, beige and far from the West End, but the service is upbeat and flawless, and once there are a few dozen people sat along the pretty bar drinking cocktails, I prefer it very much to Chiltern Firehouse, which was always Dante's hidden level of hell. Nobody went to Chiltern for the food; they went to feign interest in food while creep-shotting Jude Law eating crab doughnuts.

logo
Publisher: the Guardian
Date: 2020-01-03T09:30:00.000Z
Author: Grace Dent
Twitter: @guardian
Reference: (Read more) Visit Source



Other things to check out:

Activewear Australia: 9 women share their activewear disasters.

I’ve tripped over my own pants, had the wire in a sports bra snap in the middle of a walk, and displayed some very questionable sweat patches throughout a packed Pilates class.

From the painful to the expensive to the just plain embarrassing – we’ve all been there.

Thankfully, Active Truth is on a mission to end activewear disasters once and for all with their confidence-boosting activewear designed for all women.

Publisher: Mamamia
Date: 2020-01-03T09:29:18+00:00
Twitter: @Mamamia
Reference: (Read more) Visit Source



My Plastic Surgery Dilemma - D Magazine

Signing in at the receptionist’s desk of my cool female OB-GYN, I noticed a flyer taped to the glass. "Get your groove back," it said, and though I like to think I still have my groove, it could always be better, so I kept reading. In smaller letters, near the bottom, the flyer read, "What is vaginal rejuvenation?"

Plastic surgery had been closing in for a while. I'd spent my early 40s looking past pamphlets for fillers and injectables, wincing at the highway billboards for mommy makeovers, watching the proliferation of med spas and Botox bars and the way self-care was blurring into self-alteration. The whole spectacle created an alternating current of despair and envy, like this was wrong and shallow and vain, and also, maybe I should try it.

logo
Publisher: D Magazine
Twitter: @DMagazine
Reference: (Read more) Visit Source



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why Did Love Island's Mimii And Josh Split?

Love Island 2024 winners Mimii Ngulube and Josh Oyinsan have broken up, but why did they call i...

Popular Posts