Monday, October 14, 2024

Where Are They Now? Song Contest Winner Brooke Alexx Talks Debut Album, First Headlining Tour...

Brooke Alexx took first place in the Pop category in the 2023 American Songwriter Song Contest with her song "All My Exes' Moms." Since then, she has been able to quit her day job and work as a musician and social media content creator full-time. She released her debut album Big Mouth last Friday (October 4). Her first headlining tour kicks off tomorrow (October 12) in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Brooke Alexx has been on a rollercoaster since claiming the top spot in the Pop category, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

"It's like I'm on a train with no stops but it's been good. It's just been full speed ahead especially with the album coming out and the tour all at once. I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off but this is what I signed up for so it's good," she said.

Brooke Alex is no stranger to touring. However, the Big Mouth Tour will be her first trek as a headliner. "This is my first headline. I'm really grateful for opening for Lostboycrow and Arrows in Action and Nicotine Dolls and having that experience and helping me gain fans on the road. Now, I'm going to be able to headline my first tour which is super exciting," she said.

Social media in general and specifically TikTok is important for independent artists today. Brooke Alexx explained how the app has been instrumental in her career.

"TikTok changed the trajectory of my career, I would say," Alexx said without hesitation. "In 2019, I was working at a record label as a video editor where they told us 'TikTok is the next big thing. Get all of our artists on it.' So, I went home that night and told all of my independent artist friends. I said 'We have to get on TikTok immediately.' Some of them listened some didn't," she recalled.

Read more: See here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Where Are They Now? Song Contest Winner Brooke Alexx Talks Debut Album, First Headlining Tour...

Brooke Alexx took first place in the Pop category in the 2023 American Songwriter Song Contest ...

Popular Posts