Sunday, October 20, 2024

Where Are They Now? 2023 American Songwriter Song Contest Winner Meg McRee Discusses Her New Singl...

A look at Meg McCree's Spotify will prove that she has been busy. However, the four single she's released this year is only the tip of the iceberg.

"I've been on the road and writing songs," McRee said when asked what she has been doing since winning the Song Contest. "I write for Hang Your Hat Music here in Nashville. So, I'm signed with Hilary Lindsey, actually, who is one of my heroes. I do that and I have my artist project which is where that song came from. The contest definitely helped me get down the road this year," she added.

"I was doing a lot of festivals this summer. I played Stagecoach, Watershed at the Gorge, Faster Horses, and then did a few tour dates with Ashley McBryde and Flatland Cavalry. That was fun," she said of her time on the road.

The up-and-coming singer/songwriter also took a moment to share her opinion on touring with McBryde. "She's amazing," McRee said without hesitation. "She is such a supporter of young artists and always makes a point to come say 'hey' and chat with all the openers which not a lot of people do. She's just really cool. I've probably done about ten shows with her over the last few years," she added.

Not one to rest on her laurels, Meg McRee is already working on her next album. "I'm working on my next project right now and we're planning on releasing a string of singles as we record them," she revealed. "I'm working with Andrew Petroff who I made my first couple projects with. I feel like we really geared in on a sound and it's been fun to chase that. I've got a new song coming out October 18 called 'Cryin' in the Car' that I'm really excited about," she added.

"It's pretty real and it's about my experience in the music business. I've been at it for a little bit and I've learned a lot. But also, sometimes you want to bang your head against the wall. So, I wrote that song when the feeling was super fresh," she said about the inspiration for the song.

Reference: Visit website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts