Friday, February 23, 2024

Why Is Katy Perry Leaving American Idol? Who Could Be Replacing Her

American Idol previously ran on FOX for 15 seasons before the network canceled it in 2016. The "Firework" artist became a judge, alongside singers Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie, when ABC revived the series in 2018. Longtime Idol host Ryan Seacrest also returned for the ABC reboot.

Katy Perry revealed that she's leaving American Idol to focus on her pop career and release new music.

"I love the show so much, but I want to go and see the world and maybe bring new music," Perry, who finished her two-year Las Vegas residency in November 2023, told Kimmel. "It's going to be a very, very exciting year for all pop star girlies," she continued. "Let's just say I'm creating space for my new wingspan."

When Kimmel asked her how Richie and Bryan took the news, Perry joked, "Well, they'll find out tonight!" She explained that the other judges know she's spent time in the studio and "figured something is up."

The Teenage Dream artist also announced that she's performing at Brazil's Rock in Rio music festival in September. "It's really exciting," Perry added.

Perry didn't rule out returning to the long-running singing show in the future. "Maybe I'll come back if they have me one day," she said.

Author: AOL Staff
Twitter: @AOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

E-commerce Giants Are Eating My Sister's Lunch—and Destroying The American Dream...

My sister and I developed NightCap when she was only 16. She ca...

Popular Posts