Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Billie Eilish to Drop New Album, 'Happier Than Ever,' on July 30 - Variety

After dropping a brief video on Monday sporting her new blonde look, Billie Eilish has announced that she will release her second full-length album, titled “Happier Than Ever,” on July 30, and will drop a new song on Thursday morning.

“MY NEW ALBUM ‘Happier Than Ever’ OUT JULY 30TH!,” she wrote in a social media post. “This is my favorite thing i’ve ever created and i am so excited and nervous and EAGER for you to hear it. i can’t even tell you. i’ve never felt so much love for a project than i do for this one. hope you feel what i feel. alsoooo new song out thursday at 9am too!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.”

Judging by titles of the songs from the album (listed below) and it’s clearly ironic title (she appears in tears on the cover), the lyrics continue the dark — at times playfully dark — vibe of her Grammy-sweeping 2019 debut full-length, “When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go?” It includes her two most recent singles, “My Future” and “Therefor I Am,” although not her recent collaboration with Rosalia. Like her debut, it was written and produced with her brother and musical collaborator, Finneas.

Eilish told Stephen Colbert in February that she’d recorded a new album in lockdown, the result of her first prolonged period of not touring since her career began in earnest in 2016.

The logistics of recording an album may be easier for Eilish and her brother and musical collaborator Finneas, as they famously recorded most of their previous releases, 2019’s “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” and the “Don’t Smile at Me” EP, in the Los Angeles home they grew up in.

Eilish kept details about the album light, although Colbert asked her later in the interview if she showed off her vocal chops on the new material. “There’s a couple of moments on this album where I pull some tricks out. It’s really just about what I feel like sounds good.”

She has released four new songs in the nearly two years since “When We All Fall Asleep” dropped: “All I Ever Wanted”; the title theme from the delayed James Bond film “No Time to Die”; “My Future” and a recent duet with Spanish singer Rosalia, “Lo Vas Olvidar.”

The album arrives more than two years after her debut, “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?,” which swept the 2020 Grammy Awards, with her and/or brother/collaborator Finneas winning Album of the Year, Record and Song of the Year, Best New Artist and Best Producer.

logo
From Publisher: Variety



Billie Eilish shares clip of stripped-back new single, 'Happier Than Ever'

Eilish posted a 15-second clip of the new single in which she’s heard singing “When I’m away from you / I’m happier than ever…”

Against an acoustic stripped-back guitar, Eilish is seen sat in a chair with her back to the camera before turning to face the screen.

Last week (April 21), Eilish teased that something new was on the way, leading fans to speculate it was her much-anticipated follow up album.

While the follow up to 2019's ' When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? ' is yet to arrive, Eilish recently explained how the downtime afforded by the coronavirus pandemic enabled her to get back in the studio.

"I don't think I would've made the same album, or even the album at all, if it weren't for Covid," she told Stephen Colbert.

Colbert later asked in the interview if Eilish had unleashed the full capabilities of her voice on the new album, to which she replied: "There's a couple of moments on this album where I pull some tricks out. It's really just about what I feel like sounds good."

Eilish also suggested in February that as many as 16 songs are in contention to feature on her forthcoming second album.

logo
From Publisher: NME



Is Billie Eilish Single? Uncover the Singer's Dating History

"I definitely want to keep [relationships] private. I've had relationships and kept them private, and even the ones that I've had, with the tiny amount that I've let the world see, I regret," she told the U.K.'s Capital Breakfast radio show in September 2020. "I think about the people that have made their relationships public, and then they break up, and it's like, 'What if it goes bad?'"

"I love you and I'm in love with you," Billie told Q at one point. She later explained the reason for their split, saying, "I just wasn't happy, and I didn't want the same things he wanted, and I don't think that's fair for him. I don't think you should be in a relationship super excited about certain things that the other person couldn't care less about. I don't think that's fair to you."

Billie continued, "I didn't stop having love for him. I just spent time away from him for a little bit and I was like, 'Wow, I'm missing so much because I'm worried about you all the time and I don't want what you want and you don't want what I want.' I don't want to fix him. I can't fix him. I tried."

The singer and the actor first sparked romance rumors in April 2021, but it's unclear where their relationship status stands at the moment.

The timeline is currently unclear, but it appeared as if Billie and Q dated somewhere between 2018 and 2019, according to when her documentary was filmed. Portions of the movie showed their relationship onscreen, and when it came to discussing their split, the "Bury a Friend" singer referred to her ex as "self-destructive."

logo
From Publisher: J-14



Billie Eilish to release new album 'Happier Than Ever' on July 30 - UPI.com

April 27 (UPI) -- Billie Eilish announced on Instagram Tuesday that she will be releasing her second studio album titled Happier Than Ever on July 30.

"This is my favorite thing I've ever created and I am so excited and nervous and EAGER for you to hear it," Eilish said alongside what appears to be the cover of the album, which features the singer with a new blonde hairstyle. Advertisement

The 19-year-old released her debut album titled When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? in March 2019. The project contained the hit single "Bad Guy."

From Publisher: UPI



Who is Henry Whitford? Meet Billie Eilish's first kiss on Instagram!

Billie Eilish hasn't been afraid to call out one of her former dates Henry Whitford in the past. Now, his name is circulating the internet again. So, let's get to know more about Henry!

Henry Whitford wasn't so much Billie Eilish's boyfriend, but when she was 17 she did go on a date to the movies with him.

Introducing a song, Billie spoke at a concert in 2018 and said: " Two years ago, the day before Valentine's day… we went to the roof and we sat there and kissed ".

However, Henry and Billie may be on good terms despite the kiss as she follows him on IG. The song dedicated to Henry is said to be "Bad Guy".

He hasn't posted since January 2020 but when he does it's often a scenic view, a selfie or a group photo.

By the looks of things, Henry is an outdoorsy person and loves animals. He often takes to IG to share photos of dogs, cats and horses. In one of his posts, Henry wrote that he had been working on a farm although his job is unconfirmed.

logo
From Publisher: HITC



What Billie Eilish's Ex-Boyfriend Really Thought About Being Dumped

However, Billie didn't call him either of those names as fans saw in The World's a Little Blurry . Instead, she referred to her boyfriend as Q. For a while, the public saw Billie head over heels in love with Q . In the documentary, she talks to him on the phone, saying, "I love you, and I'm in love with you."

After a series of ups and downs, including Q not making enough time for Billie when she got him tickets to Coachella , the two ended splitting up.

In the documentary, Billie details her side of why they broke up. According to Elite Daily , she said, "I just wasn't happy. I didn't want the same things he wanted, and I don't think that's fair for him. I don't think you should be in a relationship super excited about things that the other person couldn't care less about."

Billie continued and said, "I don't think that's fair to you. I don't think that's fair to him. There was just a lack of effort. I was literally like, 'Dude, you don't have enough love to love yourself so you can't love me, dude. And you don't. You think you do.'"

Since Billie opened up about her relationship and breakup with Q, fans have been taking to Twitter to call out Q for the way he treated her in the documentary.

Capital London reported that Q also took to his Instagram stories to tell fans that what they saw in the doc wasn't the entire situation, writing "there's always 2 sides to a situation." He also reminded people that you never know what someone is going through as he was dealing with the loss of his brother when the documentary was filmed.

Billie and Q are both right. Fans can support Billie and empathize with her without tearing someone else down. Viewers also only saw a small portion of their relationship and what they were going through at the time.

Carolina is a writer and journalist based in Colombia. The author has experience writing in Spanish and English for national and international media such as The Things News, Latinamerican Post, and The Woman Post. A successful storyteller for always bringing good entertainment and great content.

From Publisher: TheThings



Billie Eilish Teases New Single 'Happier Than Ever' | Billboard News | Billboard
From Publisher: Billboard



Shocking Celeb Hair Moments, From Billie Eilish To Halle Berry | ETCanada.com

Celebrity hairstylist Jason Lee joins beauty expert Krys Lunardo to break down the most dramatic celebrity hair transformations, including Billie Eilish, Miley Cyrus, Dua Lipa, and Halle Berry.

logo
From Publisher: ET Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts